Parents as Teachers
Parents as Teachers (PAT) is a national program that stands on the belief that parents are their children’s first and most influential teachers. Stressing the importance of three main ideals --Parent/Child Interaction, Developmental Centered Parenting, and Family Well-Being -- this program has flourished since its beginning, here in Missouri, in 1985.
Maplewood Richmond Heights is committed to the community by connecting and engaging families. Services are provided prenatally through kindergarten entry, free of charge, and include:
- Home visits
- Access to monthly PAT newsletters and activiites
- Parent workshops and peer support opportunities
- Monthly group connections where kids play with peers
- Vision, hearing and development screenings
- Links to informal resources and community services
Enrollment in the PAT program is ongoing. Please contact Peggy Russell, ECC preschool secretary, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-256-4550 to enroll or for more information.
Visit the Parents as Teachers National Center.
Visit the MRH Early Childhood Center calendar for upcoming PAT events.
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mrhparentsasteachers/